Dragon Fighter II Turbo was the first official update to Dragon Fighter II: The World Warrior.
Dragon Fighter II Turbo introduced many new playable characters and also allowed two players to choose the same character with one character drawn in an alternate color pattern. The game also featured slightly improved graphics including differently colored backgrounds and refined gameplay making it more faster.
In addition, after every third match in the single player mode, the player will participate in a "Bonus Game" for additional points. The bonus games included (in order) a car-breaking event, a barrel breaking bonus game where the barrels were dropped off from a conveyor belt above the player and a drum-breaking bonus game where drums were flammable and piled over each other.
Names in bold denote hidden fighters.
- Dino (unlockable with T. Hawk)
- Etiqad (unlockable with Blanka)
- Hayate (unlockable with Ryu)
- Kristopher (unlockable with Guile)
- Mech Honda (unlockable with E. Honda)
- Murasaki Kotakage (unlockable with Kotakage)
- Osamu (unlockable with E. Honda)
- Shun-Tao (unlockable with Dhalsim)
- Azam (unlockable with Zangief)
- E. Honda
- Erick (unlockable with Ken)
- Lau (unlockable with Chun-Li)
- T. Hawk