|Birth date||February 14|
|Birth place|| United States of America
|Fighting style||Shoto-Kan Karate with Ansatsuken techniques|
Ken Masters is a video game character and deuteragonist of the Dragon Fighter series, first appearing in Fighting Fist. Similiar to his friend Ryu, Ken's goal is to test his power against many different fighters and strives to become stronger, but holds more restraint due to not wanting to jeopardize his family life.
Though unconfirmed, it is possible that Ken could have been inspired by real-life Karate world champion, Joe Lewis. Like Ken, Lewis was a blonde American who trained a traditional style in Japan, then went back to the U.S to become a famous champion. Lewis also founded Full Contact Karate and became a world champion at that as well. In addition to his similar looks, Lewis was also known (as were many American Karate fighters of his time) for using colored Karate uniforms, including a red one. He was challenging of traditional Karate ways and modified much of his original "Shorin Ryu" style, similar to Ken's modifications that distinguish him from Ryu, a traditional fighter.
While Ryu is the more serious and stoic of the two, Ken is the complete opposite - flamboyant, unorthodox and unpredictable. He is an alpha male with a giant ego and constantly reminds his opponents about his greatness. While he can be brash, egotistical, and arrogant at times, his heart is pure. He is generally kind, friendly, a good person, and very easygoing. He never backs down from a fight no matter how difficult it looks.
- Ryu: Ken's best friend from his childhood, as the two have trained in the same art of Ansatsuken for a long time. They share a very close bond to each other and will help out each other no matter the cost. Both of them have also trained together under Gouken.
- Gouken: like Ryu, he has immense respect for Gouken.
- Guile: Ken gets along well with his brother-in-law.
- Erick: he is a great Erick friendly rival.
- Sean: he highly respects Sean's abilities, enough to make him his personal disciple.
- M. Bison: he is aware of Bison's villainy and seeks to defeat him.
- Akuma: like Ryu, he is aware of the threat Akuma possesses over humanity.
- Rufus: constantly fights Ken but Ken keeps forgetting who he is.